Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Quiet Time Check In

Boy have I struggled over the past week to have quiet time in God's word.  I wake up in the morning just thankful for a few minutes of quiet and not feeling motivated to have a structured devotion.  I have been praying more heartfelt prayers which has been rewarding.  My reading has been based on whatever my devotion of the day recommends and then I just keep reading until I get to the end of the story.  I got really caught up in Joseph's story.  I've read it before but this time it kind of pulled me in.  Reading about him being sold into slavery and then becoming the second most powerful man in Egypt who still loved the Lord and his family...good stuff folks.

So I'm off...to find either another daily devotion in my Women's Devotional Bible or read about some cool character in the bible.  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment